Push for guide status
Per the Copenhagen starnom, it appears that we aren't sure what we need to do to get this article to guide status. I'd suggest a) a well developed understand section (this is a destination that deserves a good bit of context, I think), b) contact section (anywhere to check your email), and c) a see section. If absolutely necessary, the see section could be done away with and merged into a "See and Do" section. But perhaps listing a few of the more noteworth murals might be a good use of that section, a la Washington,_D.C./Adams_Morgan#Murals.
Other than those suggestions, I suppose the test of guide status for this article would be depth, i.e., having a comprehensive recommendation of listings, but I can't really comment on that for lack of knowledge. --(WT-en) Peter Talk 14:12, 2 December 2009 (EST)
- What's really killing me is the see section, everything else is workable. But as for B) to the best of my knowledge there is nowhere to check your mail, or even a public telephone anywhere on Christiania. --(WT-en) Stefan (sertmann) talk 14:24, 2 December 2009 (EST)
- I'll plug the artwork again—there are a lot of really interesting murals and sculptures throughout the town, many of which are likely on permanent public display. Marianne Rydvald seems to be the most famous muralist (and The Wishing Tree her most famous mural in Christiania).
- I'm not finding enough information in English (and I most certainly can't read Danish!), but I doubt the topic is too obscure to be covered somewhere. Perhaps there is some book on this topic available at a Copenhagen library? Or you could call up a local museum office, or even send an email to Ms Rydvald , and let her know you are trying to create a nice, free little travel guide to Christiania's public art? --(WT-en) Peter Talk 15:03, 3 December 2009 (EST)
- Yeah, I think so, I have a couple of things I need to check next time I'm in the area, but it's only 3 listings, which aren't that important. As it might show, I have a some reverence to the place, so I'm probably a bit too afraid of making mistakes :)
- As for the artwork, it's a good idea (though 'The Wishing Tree' is in storage at the moment), I do plan on questioning a local next time I'm around. - --(WT-en) Stefan (sertmann) talk 13:20, 9 December 2009 (EST)
Present day Christiania
I'm pretty new here and don't want to go tearing apart a whole guide, but in light of recent events, a lot of the info here is out of date. Pusher street was torn down and all of the dealers removed. Residents ask that people buy their cannabis from other places and to not let it return to the way it was. The good news is you can also take pictures now. —The preceding comment was added by Blaizedm (talk • contribs)
- Please plunge forward with factual edits! More experienced editors have no pride of place over new users with up-to-date information. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:32, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
A selection of Page Banner for Christiania
A Commons file used on this page has been nominated for deletion
The following Wikimedia Commons file used on this page has been nominated for deletion: