To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here. Pashley (talk) 14:55, 18 September 2016 (UTC)
- 1 Images with writing on them
- 2 Mapshape for Buenos Aires does not work
- 3 Dynamic maps without Wikidata items
- 4 Moving hotels in Singapore
- 5 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 6 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 7 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
Images with writing on them
Hi, Renek78. I know there's a policy against having photos with people's names or other stuff like that written on the photo. I can't find a reference right now, but I know that's Wikivoyage policy. Ikan Kekek (talk) 18:55, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, Ikan Kekek. I did not mean to undo your removal of the pictures. I guess I accidentially modified an older version of the page. Should be fine again now. --Renek78 (talk) 19:22, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
Mapshape for Buenos Aires does not work
- Swept in from the pub
Hi all, me again with an issue with Mapshape. Just now I am fooling around with an overview map of Buenos Aires. Coloring the districts via Mapshape works great, but unfortunately I am not able to grey out everything behind the city boundaries. The code is supposed to look like this:
- If you were to add type=geoline to the Mapshape template, the output would show that the line created is not closed - top right on map (coordinates needed to create a polygon have to be complete or closed). -- Matroc (talk) 17:25, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- Matroc With Geoline I can see, that something is open at relation Comuna 13. In OSM though it is closed and fine. Recently somebody messed around with this relation in OSM and someone else reverted this edit. Maybe we just need to wait a few days until it is fine again. Thanks for your help. —The preceding comment was added by Renek78 (talk • contribs)
Dynamic maps without Wikidata items
Hi there, thanks for the message on User talk:Shaundd/Dynamic Region Map. I saw your comment in the Pub first, so I left a response there. If you want more detail on the process, let me know. Cheers -Shaundd (talk) 06:48, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
Moving hotels in Singapore
I saw you have been doing a lot of work recently on some of the Singapore articles. Thanks for that, those are really huge improvements.
I saw that you have been moving some listings around which where in the wrong district. Generally I think that is a good idea, but there is one case where I would like to revert your move. You moved two hotels from Singapore/Riverside to Singapore/North and West. Now while the two hotels are technically in the area which we designate North and West, I would argue that they belong to the other article. They are still pretty close to the river and in my opinion fall into that same group of hotels as all the other ones along the river. North and West is a sort of collection of everything outside the city centre, and as such in my opinion should contain hotels outside the city centre.
Let me know what you think.
BTW, if your motivation for the move was that there is not enough hotels in the North and West article, then I can think of a couple other ones to add to that article.
- Answered on the Singapore talk page. --Renek78 (talk) 06:47, 25 July 2017 (UTC)