There is a problem with the current hierarchy of this article. The traveler is going to see the Eastern Suburbs as one article and be confused because all the listings cover a large area. They may not notice the distinct articles below.
I suggest making a region with the districts made clear:
- Another way to resolve this is to just merge all the articles, such as I have done with Sydney/Lower_North_Shore. I know Bondi is an iconic destination, but to be fair there isn't that much to do there other than lie on the beach and swim. --Andrewssi2 (talk) 22:13, 26 December 2014 (UTC)
It was difficult to come up with a good strategy for Eastern Suburbs. Basically there are so many and it doesn't make sense to create an article for each.
I think this can be fixed by creating three articles based on the suburb division of the Eastern suburbs on Wikipedia:
- Sydney/Eastern_Suburbs/South - (merge and redirect Sydney/Bondi and Sydney/Coogee here
- Ah just noticed this. That's a fair division though I can't say much for the names. I think the west parts of Eastern Suburbs is covered in Sydney/City East, but it's a whole different mess also.
- Technically Sydney/Eastern_Suburbs/South should cover Bondi all the way to La Perouse. 'Bondi to La Perouse' would be more correct than 'Bondi-La Perouse' in that case. -- torty3 (talk) 08:41, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Many thanks for the input! I feel now that organizing Sydney is getting just too big a job, and actually I don't really want to create an additional level of structure that I was formally proposing.
- That said, it would be great if we could re-work Bondi into an article that covered everywhere from Bondi to La Perouse in the manner you describe. Andrewssi2 (talk) 08:48, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, most tourist guidebooks would refer to 'Bondi and the Eastern Suburbs' only, with emphasis on Bondi Beach, though in this case we got stuck on that mindset, and Eastern Suburbs grew too much and overshadowed everything. Splitting it into harbourside and oceanside would help a lot. Might need to check whether there is accommodation in the area as well. I'm not sure if a 'Bondi to La Perouse' article will be unwieldy later, but still better than what Eastern Suburbs is now. Organising Sydney districts is definitely too big a job for one person, and I lost a lot of steam while attempting that :) I think I did suggest putting all of southern Sydney in one district before, though it does look a little better now albeit still geared more towards long-term visitors. -- torty3 (talk) 09:16, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Yes! I thought my time better spent on the other regions of NSW, which I'm now mostly happy with. Southern Sydney is getting better now.. actually I have neglected that part of the city even though I live here. Sydney/Macarthur would be a good next target. Andrewssi2 (talk) 02:04, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
I don't know why, but the proposed gives me an Eastern suburbs vibe for some reason. Perhaps could be the compact houses plus the waves? --SHB2000 (talk | contribs | meta) 11:30, 12 November 2022 (UTC)