As can be guessed by its name, the town of Villingen-Schwenningen was created in the 1970s by merging the two separate towns of Villingen and Schwenningen and as such some aspects of infrastructure are still present in both "halfs". In addition to that some surrounding villages were also annexed into the town and are covered in this guide.
- 1 Villingen (Schwarzwald) station. IC from Norden Norddeich to Konstanz, passing through cities such as Cologne. Regional connections from Karlsruhe – Baden-Baden, Tuttlingen - Ulm, Rottweil
- 2 Schwenningen (Neckar) station. Regional trains to Rottweil
- See also: Intercity buses in Germany
DeinBus serves the town.
- 1 Internationales Luftfahrt-Museum. aviation museum
- 2 Wanne Observation Tower. lattice tower built in 1888
- 1 Jugendherberge Villingen (youth hostel), St. Georgener Str. 36, ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Schweizerhof, Stumpenstraße 2, 78052 VS-Obereschach, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Bären, Bärengasse 2, 78050 VS-Villingen, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [dead link] Hotel Garland, Farnweg 10, 78048 VS-Villingen (Kurgebiet), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Central Hotel, Alte Herdstraße 12-14, 78054 VS-Schwenningen (by Parkhaus Muslen), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gasthaus Sternen, Hochstr. 2, 78086 Brigachtal, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.