The Australia Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Australia. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Australia
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 4 May 2021.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
We would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" on every article.
- Dandenong Ranges
- Snowy Mountains
- Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast (listed as South East Queensland)
- Melbourne - Related to Dandenong Ranges, but a review of the main page might be needed
- Kanangra Boyd National Park - Related to Blue Mountains
- Daintree National Park
- Snowy Mountains
- Margaret River
Outline Pages which affect South East Queensland
This is listed as "Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast" as an other destination. Unfortunately, a number of small tourist towns will need to be upgraded to Outline for this region to get ticked off.
- Logan City
- Glass House Mountains National Park
- Moreton Island
- North Stradbroke Island
- Numinbah Valley
- Tamborine Mountain
- Warwick (Queensland)
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
- Armidale - a city in the New England region of New South Wales
- Tamworth (New South Wales) - a city in the New England region of New South Wales
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
- Inverell - a large town in the New England region of New South Wales
- Quirindi - a town in the New England region of New South Wales
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to others attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- National Parks of New England (NSW) - mindful of the effects of the 2020 bushfires
- Major towns: - Towns on the Southern Beaches of Tassie.
- To complete regions: - National Parks of New England NSW
Article ideas and requests
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Eat listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without See and Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without See listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Event listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Drink listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Address Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom needed
- Fix Articles with dead external links
- Fix or remove Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed if connection can be made
- Articles Geo different to Wikidata, change geo or wikidata coordinates to match
- Create redirect for Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Add coordinated to guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- Add coordinated to guidecity, starcity, guidedistrict and stardistrict Listings without coordinates
- region with listing, do they need moving to city articles?
- huge city with listing, do they need moving to district articles?
- Fix external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used
- Indented listing not using double bullet format but :*
- Tourist attractions in Australia category
- List of museums in Australia
- List of national parks of Australia
- 7 April 2018 - started