The Australia Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Australia. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your name to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Australia
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on December 4 2021.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get in section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
Done As of November 9 2021, all articles are at usable status or above.
- Ensure that new articles are brought to usable status quickly.
- Review Usable articles to determine if any meet Guide status already and change their status to reflect that.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
- Armidale - a city in the New England region of New South Wales
- Ipswich (Queensland) - part of Greater Brisbane
- Purnululu National Park
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to others attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- National Parks of New England (such as New England National Park) - mindful of the effects of the 2019-20 bushfires and the 2021 mice plague
- Major towns: none
- To complete regions: - National Parks of NSW
UNESCO world heritage parks for Wet Tropics of Queensland
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Black Mountain (Kalkajaka) National Park
- Cedar Bay National Park
- Edmund Kennedy National Park
- Girringun National Park
- Kirrama National Park
- Kuranda National Park
- Macalister Range National Park
UNESCO world heritage parks for Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
These should eventually get their own articles, or be a redirect to the relevant region if they do not meet WV:Wiaa.
- Border Ranges National Park
- Limpinwood Nature Reserve
- Numinbah Nature Reserve
- Mount Nothofagus Flora Reserve
- Mount Warning National Park
- Nightcap National Park
- Washpool National Park
- Gibraltar Range National Park
- Iluka Nature Reserve
- New England National Park
- Dorrigo National Park
- Mt Hyland Nature Reserve
- Werrikimbe National Park
- Mt Seaview Nature Reserve
- Willi Willi National Park
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Wilsons Peak Flora Reserve
- Mount Clunie Flora Reserve
- Amaroo Flora Reserve
- Fenwicks Scrub Flora Reserve
- Kerripit Beech Flora Reserve
- Springbrook National Park
- Lamington National Park
- Mount Chinghee National Park
- Mount Barney National Park
- Main Range National Park
- Mount Mistake National Park
- Turtle Rock Environmental Park
- Telemon Environmental Park
- Goomburra State Forest
- Spicers Gap State Forest
- Gilbert State Forest
- Emu Vale State Forest
- Gambubal State Forest
- Teviot State Forest
- Killarney State Forest
- Burnett Creek State Forest
- Cronan Creek State Forest
- Palen Creek State Forest
- Rabbitt Board Paddock Reserves
- Prison Purposes Land
Article ideas and requests
New topic articles
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Eat listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without See and Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without See listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Event listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Drink listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Address Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom needed
- Fix Articles with dead external links
- Fix or remove Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed if connection can be made
- Articles Geo different to Wikidata, change geo or wikidata coordinates to match
- Create redirect for Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Add coordinated to guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- Add coordinated to guidecity, starcity, guidedistrict and stardistrict Listings without coordinates
- region with listing, do they need moving to city articles?
- huge city with listing, do they need moving to district articles?
- Fix external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used
- Indented listing not using double bullet format but :*
- Tourist attractions in Australia category
- List of museums in Australia
- List of national parks of Australia
- April 7 2018 - started
- June 29 2021 - no outline districts, dive guides or airports, all usable
- June 23 2021 - 250 usable articles
- June 24 2021 - 50 guide articles
- June 28 2021 - equal amount of outline and usable city articles
- June 2021 - no outline articles remaining except for park, city and region.
- September 21 2021 - all articles of the Northern Territory are now usable.
- September 21 2021 - all articles of Tasmania are now usable.
- October 17 2021 - all articles have listings
- October 31 2021 - equal number of outline and guide articles
- November 7 2021 - all articles have a sleep listing or have a note saying that there's no accommodation
- November 7 2021 - all articles have an eat listing or have a note saying there's no places to eat
- November 8 2021 - all non-region articles now usable or above
- November 9 2021 - all destination articles are now usable
- November 10 2021 - Australia article upgraded to guide