To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
- Hey, thanks for the welcome! I was just looking around at places I know or have been. Nice looking site; I actually didn't know about Wikivoyage until now. I'll have a look around. :) Antandrus (talk) 05:26, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, and I just read your blog post about ... you know what. Wow. Sorry you had to go through that. As an admin on en I've been threatened and threatened but it's never actually happened. Glad it turned out right! Antandrus (talk) 05:27, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- We probably need to find ways to better promoting cross-project collaborations - the Wikivoyage links at the bottom of Wikipedia articles are easy to miss, and our Wikipedia links too easily get lost in the left nav...
- As to that lawsuit, if you've ever had any doubts as to whether the hearts of the folks manning the Wikimedia corporate office were in the right place, or if they really took their mission statement seriously, I literally can't say enough good things about everyone who helped me. Not only are the Wikimedia projects good projects on their merits, they are good projects being shepherded by insanely great people. -- Ryan • (talk) • 05:40, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Danny. Yes please - he'll just go to another project and harass me there, but whatever helps. Appreciate it. :) Antandrus (talk) 00:27, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
I noticed you reverting vandalism on Talk:Bargaining. Thanks.
- You're welcome. Looking around, my first thought -- wow, this is different from Wikipedia, where one has to cultivate a dry, gray, facts-only style, with everything cited to (and paraphrased from) some reliable source -- no original thinking allowed. Intriguing though. Stuck in my house because of you-know-what, craving travel and unable to do it, there is a certain attraction to this site. Antandrus (talk) 15:44, 16 December 2020 (UTC)