User talk:Yuriy kosygin
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.--ϒpsilon (talk) 17:17, 4 October 2014 (UTC)
Please be careful when moving pages. Text should not be on mass deleted but the page should be moved so history of edits are not lost. I will attempt to undo the changes and renames made as it is difficult to follow what has happend. Could you then on the region page explain what you think needs doing so we can advise on the best method to achieve it. --Traveler100 (talk) 18:27, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Traveler100: Sorry, this is my carelessness, next time I will notice it!--Yuriy kosygin (talk) 18:37, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
- I think the confusion maybe with the word District. How it is used in Taiwan, and other countries for that matter, is not what Wikivoyage article classifications means. Need to work out what the structure and classifications should be for these articles and redo it. Probably tomorrow before I get round to it, but maybe some other administrator can sort it out before then. No big deal we can get it fixed. --Traveler100 (talk) 19:28, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
- I decided not to undo the move, it would have been complicated and would have lost some of your additions. I have however changed the classification of the articles and some of the region structure. Assume bit of a misunderstanding with this sites definition of what a district is. Let me know if you think what I changed makes sense. --Traveler100 (talk) 07:04, 18 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Traveler100: Mmmm....Taoyuan District directly named, I think it can also be right! After all, I maybe do not know about English wikivoyage geographical stratification, we Chinese wikivoyage usually will be the article name to partition the cities district is city/district(e.g Taipei/Beitou or Taipei/Shilin). On the one hand easy to identify, and the second aspect is not easy to cause confusion.
Any comment here?
Issue with coloring map
- You can mess with the code provided.. basically I ended up using Mapshape for wikidata Q140631 then again as a geoshape with a fill color of #e74c3c for that whole shape.. I then tried out adding fill-opacity and opacity for most of them - Certain colors when used together might make things muddy but this was basically what I did to make it work... -- Matroc (talk) 23:39, 28 October 2018 (UTC)
- Swept in from the pub
- serves Bir-Hakeim (Eiffel Tower).
- 1 La Tour Eiffel (The Eiffel Tower) ( or , ), ☏ . 09:30-23:45; Jun 21-Sep 02: 09:00-00:45; Jul 14,Jul 15 off. A symbol of Paris and one of the most famous landmarks in the world. Built by Gustave Eiffel in 1887-1889, the tower was almost torn down in 1909 and only saved due to its use as a telegraphy antenna. Note that the queues can be very long. The tower has recently begun allowing online reservations at its website, allowing visitors the choice of a date and time frame. Bear in mind that if you miss the time on your ticket, it's useless. The north, west, and east pillars have elevators that go to the first and second floors; the south pillar has stairs that can be climbed to the second floor. To reach the top floor, an additional elevator ride is required, and the wait for this can be very long as well. Unfortunately, disabled visitors are not allowed beyond the second floor due to safety concerns. Taking the Métro as far as Ecole Militiare and then strolling up the Champ de Mars is a lovely way to arrive at the tower. Another phenomenal approach is to exit the Metro at Trocadero and see the Eiffel Tower from the other side of the Ecole Militaire. 25€ (12€ for age 12-24) to the top by lift. If you walk to the 2nd floor it is cheaper.
Change handle on YouTube channel
Hi, would you mind changing the handle on the Wikivoyage channel to '@Wikivoyage' as it got automatically given '@wikivoyage9663' due to a handle not being picked. You can do this by going to https://www.youtube.com/handle while logged into the channel. Thanks! --Nintendofan885 (talk) 19:04, 1 January 2023 (UTC)