Wikivoyage:Nordic countries Expedition
|Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden|
Vikings and the Old Norse • History • Sami culture • Winter • Right to access • Boating • Hiking • Cuisine • Music • Nordic Noir
The Nordic countries Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Nordic countries. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Nordic countries
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 31 Mar. 2018.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
We would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" on every article.
In order to upgrade the Nordic countries to guide status the following articles must be upgraded to usable status:
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progress
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to others attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Lolland-Falster - merge sub-regions up to region?
- Hordaland does this need to have sub-regions? If so article need re-organizing? Or better merge up Hardanger?
- Orrefors merge
- Västerort, Solna and Sundbyberg info on getting to airport needed
- Uppsala countryside merge
- Talk:Gotland#Missing information - discussion of how to improve and divide Gotland
- Sweden - Which cities and "other destinations" should we list?
- Faroe Islands - we currently have 30 articles covering this minor region with some 50,000 inhabitants. I have suggested that we merge these into these into ~7 city-articles covering one major island each. MartinJacobson (talk) 15:33, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
- Lofoten - I suggest that the 10 outline or near-outline articles covering this 25,000-inhabitant archipelago are merged into fewer, hopefully more usable articles. MartinJacobson (talk) 08:19, 26 March 2018 (UTC)
- Merge Mývatn into North Iceland
- Uppsala - scheduled for April 2018
- Höfn - scheduled for July 2018
- Vikings and the Old Norse
- Winter in the Nordic countries - December 2018?
- Major towns: -
- To complete regions: Folgefonna National Park
Article ideas and requests
- The Bridge tour in Copenhagen and Malmö
- Cycling in Sweden - redirects
- Millennium Tour in Stockholm
- Nordic Noir tourism is outline. It should be expanded to include The Killing, The Bridge, Wallander, Pusher, the Carl Hamilton series, and other Swedish crime series
- Scandinavian American Tour in the trails of real-life Swedish, Norwegian and Danish settlers, as well as historical fiction, such as The Emigrants by Vilhelm Moberg.
- SKAM Tour in Oslo
- Södra Kungsleden a small outline has been created
- Tysfjord in Nordland is mentioned at least in Hiking destinations in Norway and Caves, seems worth an article
- usablecity without See listing
- usablecity without Do listing
- usablecity without Event listing
- usablecity without Drink listing
- usablecity without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- phone format
- phone country code
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- guidecity and starcity Listings without coordinates
- guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used and Tel: used
- Category:Articles needing translation from Swedish
- Tourist attractions in Sweden category
- List of museums in Sweden
- List of national parks of Sweden
- Tourist attractions in Denmark category
- List of museums in Denmark
- List of national parks of Denmark
- Tourist attractions in Finland category
- List of museums in Finland
- List of national parks of Finland
- Tourist attractions in Iceland category
- List of museums in Iceland
- List of national parks of Iceland
- 24 Mar 2018 - started