Northeast Florida is a region in Florida. Also called the "First Coast" region, it is the portion of the state north of the Daytona Beach area along the Atlantic coast, including the entire Jacksonville area. It includes Baker, Flagler, St. Johns, Duval, Nassau, Clay and Putnam counties.
- Metro Jacksonville — North Florida's principal urban area, with a population of over 1.3 million, encompassing:
- 9 Flagler Beach
- 10 Keystone Heights
- 11 Palatka
- 12 Palm Coast
- 13 St. Augustine — old Spanish city with beautiful streets and architecture
- 1 Amelia Island State Recreation Area is a Florida State Park located 7 miles (11 km) north of Little Talbot Island State Park on SR A1A, and 8 miles (13 km) south of Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, Florida. The park consists of 200 acres (0.81 sq km) of beaches, salt marshes and coastal maritime forests. Activities include fishing, hiking, sunning, watching wildlife, and horseback riding. 45-minute horseback tours along the shoreline are given four times daily. The park is open from 8AM till sundown year round.
- 2 Osceola National Forest
- 3 Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX IATA), 2400 Yankee Clipper Drive, Jacksonville. Has regular flights to many US cities with major carriers such as Delta, United, American, JetBlue, and Southwest.
- Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV IATA), N.E. 39th Ave., Gainesville, +1 352 373-0249.
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport UST IATA, formerly St. Augustine Airport, is four miles north of St. Augustine, and about 30 miles south of Jacksonville.
- Palatka Municipal Airport, Palatka.
Major highways entering the region include I-10, I-95, US-1, US-90, and FL-A1A.
The Marineland Marina offers over 20 slips for vessels as well as full customer service, including restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities.
Historic sites and nature reserves are common in this area, including Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve.
There are a large number of golf courses in the area.
- The Mug Race. A Pursuit Start sailboat race on St. Johns River. The world's largest river race, boater start at the Memorial Bridge in Palatka and end at the Buckman Bridge in Jacksonville.
As with most other regions of the USA, Northeast Florida has varying levels of crime. Jacksonville has much higher-than-average crime rates, and other large urban centers also have their share of crime.
Politically, this is one of the most staunchly Republican areas in the state.