The Stay safe section includes the text:
- If you're male and look remotely foreign or tourist-like, you will likely be accosted by prostitutes (both genders, plus ladyboys) and pimps.
What about female visitors? Should they expect offers from hookers? Johns? Pimps?
Also, should we tell the men that if prostitutes are of interest, they patrol Ayala & other malls and can be picked up there in better lighting & without pimps? Or suggest the girlie bars around Mango Avenue? Pashley (talk) 18:12, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- I expanded the text about girlie bars at Cebu_(city)#Drink. These are a major tourist attraction for some & I do not think I've gone too far. Other opinions? Pashley (talk) 16:52, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
- Bump! This really needs a second opinion. I think the current text is fine, but I wrote it. I suspect at least some people would object. Pashley (talk) 00:25, 18 June 2018 (UTC)
Marriott Cebu -> Seda?
Someone just deleted the listing for Marriott Cebu, saying it has closed down. I was surprised, so I checked & found Cebu City Marriott Hotel to close in January. OK.
But that story includes: "AHRC has appointed its wholly-owned hotel brand Seda to manage the hotel in 2018 after refurbishing its rooms and amenities." Should we restore the listing & just change the name to Seda? Create a new listing for Seda? I'd say we should have something; this is a large hotel & very well located. Pashley (talk) 12:34, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- If a hotel changes brand than should just be edited not deleted. --Traveler100 (talk) 16:31, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- I added a listing at Cebu_(city)#Splurge, but it needs improvement. Pashley (talk) 01:42, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
Site policy is not to be a "yellow pages" listing everything, but rather to list only a moderate number of useful or important places. Despite that, people keep adding long lists in this article. Some have been deleted before; see Talk:Cebu_(city)/Archive_2014-2017#Supermarkets & Talk:Cebu_(city)/Archive_2014-2017#Deletion.
- no as the Mall list only has high end supermarkets there. is only two on the list and both are lower priced places. travellers are also looking for shopping and lower end costs not high class places -- unsigned
- Wikivoyage aims to serve travellers at all budget levels, not only those looking for low-cost places. That's why our hotel and restaurant listings have "budget", "mid-range" and "splurge" categories. But since supermarkets are easy to find in a city like Cebu, there isn't much point listing just a couple. Travellers will find supermarkets close to where they are staying, and aren't likely to cross the city in search of a listed one. Ground Zero (talk) 14:15, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- And since all of the other times in the article use the 24-hr clock, why should supermarket listing use the 12-hr clock, and use different formats? Surely we should make things simpler for the reader. Ground Zero (talk) 14:32, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
The Buy section starts with
- There is quite a bit of shopping in various neighbourhoods of Cebu, especially in the old downtown Colon area and around Fuente Osmena Circle.
and ends with:
- A lot of the locals shop mainly along Colon Street which has several department stores which are generally cheaper than those in major malls, plus a lot of smaller shops.
Low cost Supermarkets
- These Supermarkets are not in any mall and cost less than mall supermarkets.
- Colonnade Discount Supermarket, 82-90 Colon Street, ☏ . 6AM-9PM. there is also a colonnade in mandaue lowest prices.
- Fooda Saversmart, General Maxilom Avenue, ☏ . 8am-8pm. there are now five fooda saversmarts in Cebu lower prices.
Carbon Market location
Santa Rosa Falls
- I believe it is in Santa Rosa Brgy, Danao, see YouTube video. There used to be dozens of such misplaced listings, but I think just a few are left now. Pashley (talk) 14:10, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- Dance with the smoothest criminals in the world. Experience the life behind prison bars and dance with the smooth friendly dangerous criminals. You can mingle with them take pictures with them but you don't have to worry much; guards and police are around. Still your life is in your hands. Free performances and bus. The inmates' performances are held on the last Saturday of each month.
- w:CPDRC Dancing Inmates. I've seen claims visitors could dance with them (as the above seems to imply) & claims the program was shut down a year or two back, but I'm not at all sure either claim is correct. Pashley (talk) 22:11, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- I think so. I live in Dumaguete & two out of three (National & Book Sale) are chains that also have locations there, but I still visit these when I'm in Cebu. In particular, Book Sale have used books & browsing several locations improves your odds of finding good ones. Pashley (talk) 12:06, 23 June 2018 (UTC)
These are rather a popular attraction for some tourists & I have added text about them at Cebu_(city)#Drink that needs review by others. Earlier discussion at #Stay_safe on this page. Pashley (talk) 19:47, 12 July 2018 (UTC)