Removing Kaspers Entry
There has for some time been a listing for Kasper's Hot Dogs in Pleasanton. However, this is essentially a chain restaurant, and is not as major a restaurant as restaurants such as Lokanta, Oasis, etc. As we generally want to keep things to a nine-point limit, we should remove one of the entries, and this one may have to go. If there's somewhere else where it would fit, that's possible. PS: We could put Oasis Wine Lounge under the drink section, bringing the restaurant list back to nine.—The preceding comment was added by SelfieCity (talk • contribs)
- There is no guideline that there should be only 9 restaurants listed. Restaurants can be subdivided by price category, location and cuisine if need be, with each of those subsections having 9 or so listings. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:29, 16 December 2017 (UTC)
- This article currently uses the same banner as Tri-Valley, so we should find a new banner for either this article or that one. Are there any other images on Commons that would make a good banner for Pleasanton (or alternatively, for the Tri-Valley)? —Granger (talk · contribs) 02:54, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
Passed 50K Bytes
Good heavens, why would we include this?
- "(Detailed information about population statistics can be found in the Wikipedia article.)"
Wikivoyage is not a general reference: it is a travel guide. We include population to indicate the size of a place, or to illustrate its history. We don't need to provide links for further information on population, or on transportation, or on a town's history of climate. The link to the Wikipedia article in the side bar is sufficient. This is a bad practice that we should halt in its tracks. Ground Zero (talk) 21:41, 30 March 2019 (UTC)
- Swept in from the pub
I uploaded to Commons a static map today for Pleasanton, but what do you guys think about whether it should replace the existing dynamic map or not? (It's coming up as OTBP.) --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 16:48, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- I would say no, not until you add all the points of interest that are on the dynamic map. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:35, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
- I thought it was already resolved that dynamic maps are preferred for bottom-level destinations, and that while we would leave preexisting static maps in place for as long as they remain reasonably up to date, a static map should never replace a dynamic one in a BLD. — AndreCarrotflower (talk) 00:23, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- Keep in mind that I don't have to post it on Wikivoyage at all, which I don't mind doing if that's our conclusion, or I can place the static map somewhere lower in the article, like "get around" and show it just as a road map. --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 04:46, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
- The map is seems to be useless for tourism in that city, IMO. Even hardly useful for navigation... If there were at least some landmarks included (in addition to the water area), perhaps it could be an overview map. But looking at the number of POIs, it's hardly possible to create a one good static map (unless it's really big). -- andree.sk(talk) 12:42, 8 April 2019 (UTC)