|This is the imported user page of user Carson Maynard, Haem85 on wikitravel.org/en. All contributions that this user had made on Wikitravel up until August 2012 were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are labelled as "(WT-en) Haem85".|
|Read more about the Migration from Wikitravel.|
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
I'm currently a resident of Ann Arbor, Michigan (since 2000), which makes a nice base for branching out into Ontario and parts of the Midwest, which I often do with my (WT-en) travel buddy. I spent the first ten years of my life in West Virginia (Wheeling, Bluefield and Fayetteville) before moving to North Carolina (the Raleigh area, and Durham for college) until grad school, at which point my family up and relocated to the Crystal Coast.
I've always been a language and travel buff, and you know what they say about once the travel bug bites you. Thus far, I've managed to get to Canada, Egypt, England, Israel, Jordan, Russia, Scotland, Venezuela, and Wales. (If we can count airports, then I've also made it to Ireland, Finland and the Netherlands.) But I haven't made any overseas trips since 2003 and I'm starting to get really itchy to go somewhere again. I suspect the next trip will be Scotland again, specifically Callander and environs. I'm also a linguist and ESL instructor by trade, which I hope someday will help to finance lots and lots of interesting travel. If I'm lucky.
My more immediate travel wish-list:
My Wikipedia home page has a bit more info.
Every once in a while the computer I'm working on decides to log me out in the middle of an editing session... so, for the sake of completion, I've also made edits from 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
I joined Wikivoyage on 06 March 2006 and I've been an addict ever since. In case you're curious to know which regions I've been working on the most...
- The Crystal Coast of North Carolina is an area where I often spent happy childhood vacations. I haven't yet tackled Emerald Isle, not being as familiar with that end of the island, but I'm coming back to it one day.
- West Virginia was sadly overlooked until recently, so I've made it my mission to expand as much upon the state as I can. I think it's a beautiful state that's often unfairly maligned, so hopefully Wikivoyage can redress the balance a bit.
- major projects: Beckley, Berkeley Springs, Bluefield, Bramwell, Buckhannon, Charleston, Clarksburg, Clay, Elkins, Fairmont, Fayetteville, Helvetia, Huntington, Lewisburg, Logan, Marlinton, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Oak Hill, Parkersburg, Point Pleasant, Preston County, Princeton, Richwood, Spencer, Summersville, Sutton, Welch, Weston, Wheeling, White Sulphur Springs and West Virginia
- to do: Bridgeport, Chester, Grafton, Newell, Peterstown, Ripley, Romney, Salem, Weirton, and Williamson. I'm also going to expand on Charleston, Harpers Ferry, Huntington, Marlinton, Morgantown, and Marlinton. Then there's the matter of what to do with Charles Town and Hurricane, which were on the main WV page.
- Michigan is my next big project, once I'm relatively satisfied with how West Virginia is doing. There are a lot of great little towns up here, not to mention big cities, and I'm surprised that many of them still don't have pages, or anything more than an outline.
- Down the line, I'll probably start attacking some of the gaps in North Carolina, assuming there are any left by the time I get that far!
- major projects: North Carolina
I'm a docent for Ann Arbor, a town I love and have explored at some length. I should mention that I have a passion for food and even my local friends often come to me for restaurant advice, so if you want to know about a good place to eat... well, first check the Wikivoyage page, and then ask me to help narrow down the choices! My talk page is always a good place to get in touch with me, or you can e-mail carsonm at umich dot edu.
|This is the imported user page of a user from pre-Wikimedia Wikivoyage or Wikitravel, who did not opt-in to the transfer of their data. All contributions that this user had made on pre-Wikimedia Wikivoyage or Wikitravel before August 2012 were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are prefixed with "(WV-en)", or "(WT-en)" respectively.|