Originally a collection of farming villages in the central part of North Wirral, of which Frankby is the best surviving example, now a near-contiguous suburban area.
- M53 motorway, junction 2a
- Arriva's 437 bus provides a direct service from Liverpool and Birkenhead.
- 1 Upton railway station, Noctorum Avenue, Upton, Merseyside. CH43 9RY. Monday-Sunday: 24 hours. Situated on the Borderlands line, operated by Arriva Trains Wales. Change at Bidston, the previous stop, for services from Liverpool. Although, it may be quicker to walk than wait; it's usually an hour between trains, and only 30 minutes on foot. In the opposite direction, services arrive from Wrexham. Change at Shotton, for Arriva Trains Wales or Avanti West Coast Trains services from Chester or the North Wales coast.
There is an extensive bus network. Saveaway tickets are valid on all public transport in the area. These can be purchased at any staffed railway or bus stations in Merseyside. An "all areas" ticket is best, if intending to also travel to Liverpool, Chester, Ellesmere Port, Formby or Southport. The ticket costs about £5 per day, for off-peak use. Alternatively, a slightly cheaper "area B" ticket will cover most of Wirral.
- 1 Arrowe Country Park, Arrowe Park Road, Woodchurch, Wirral. CH49 5LW (20 minutes walk from Upton station). Free.
- 2 North Wirral Coastal Park (Leasowe Lighthouse), Moreton Common, Wirral, CH46 4TA (15 minutes walk from Moreton station). Lighthouse open 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month between April and September. See also the gigantic view along the entire northern coast of North Wales, from the sea wall near Leasowe Lighthouse. This sight is, perhaps, even more impressive than Birkenhead's view of Liverpool. The view extends from Moel Famau, 20 miles to the south, across to Anglesey which is 70 miles to the west, and includes the Great Orme headland and Snowdonia. In the opposite direction, if the weather is clear and the mountains are snow-capped, Black Combe can be seen in Cumbria; also about 70 miles away. Free.
- 3 The Thomas Brassey Bridge, Saughall Massie Road, Saughall Massie, Wirral. The first bridge built by the well-known engineer. Free.
- 1 Royden Park (and Thurstaston Common), Hillbark Road, Frankby. CH48 1NP, ☏ . Open dawn to dusk, all year. Walled Garden, Cafe, Gallery, Miniature railways
- 2 Royden Park Miniature Railway, Hillbark Road, Frankby. CH48 1NP, ☏ . Sunday afternoon. Miniature railways
Greasby, Upton and Moreton each have supermarkets, catering for daily needs:
- 1 Sainsbury's Local, 101 Greasby Road. CH49 3AT, ☏ . Every day, 7am-11pm.
- 2 Sainsbury's, Upton By Pass, Upton. CH49 6QG, ☏ . Monday-Saturday, 7am-11pm; Sunday, 10am-4pm. The biggest of the supermarkets, in the immediate area.
- 3 Tesco Express, Hoylake Rd, Moreton. CH46 6DG. Every day, 6am-11pm.
Slightly further away, a 24-hour Tesco is also available in Bidston. Though, this is closed over Sunday night-Monday morning.
- 4 Shell, Arrowepark Road, Upton. CH49 0UE. 24 hours, every day. Provides petrol around the clock, and staffed at all times. This is the nearest 24-hour garage for about five miles.
- 1 The Hillbark Hotel, Royden Park Frankby, CH48 1NP (45 minutes walk from West Kirby station), ☏ .
- 2 Oak Bar & Bistro, 126 Greasby Road, Greasby, Wirral, CH49 3NQ, ☏ .
- 3 The Yellow Room (Hillbark Hotel), Royden Park, Frankby, CH48 1NP, ☏ .
- 4 Benty Farm Tea Rooms, 3a School Lane, Thurstaston. CH61 0HH (From Royden Park, follow the main footpath from Royden Park to Thurstaston. Accessible by foot, only.), ☏ . Wednesday-Sunday, 9am-4:30pm.
- 5 Zinga Restaurant & Takeaway (free home delivery within 4 miles), 137 Saughall Massie Road, Upton, CH49 4LA, ☏ .
- 1 The Arrowe Park Hotel, Arrowe Park Road, Woodchurch. CH49 5LN, ☏ .
- 2 Toby Carvery Arrowe (formerly the Cherry Orchard), Arrowe Park Road, Arrowe Park, Upton, CH49 5LW, ☏ .
- 3 The Old Rathbone (formerly the Farmer's Arms), 167–169 Hillbark Road, Frankby. CH48 1NJ, ☏ .
- 4 The Greave Dunning, 73 Greasby Road, Greasby. CH49 3NF, ☏ .
- 5 The Irby Mill, Mill Lane, Greasby. CH49 3NT, ☏ . A small traditional country pub, with a thatched roof. Serves a good selection of real ales.
- 6 The Manor, 91 Greasby Road, Greasby. CH49 3NF, ☏ .
- 7 The Twelfth Man, Greasby Road, Greasby, Wirral CH49 2PP, ☏ .
- 1 The Hillbark Hotel, Royden Park Frankby, CH48 1NP, ☏ . Grade II listed hotel provides the finest luxury coupled with discreet yet friendly service from the resident owners and their team. £160+.
- 2 Leasowe Castle Hotel, Leasowe Road, Moreton, Moreton, CH46 3RF, ☏ . £90+.
- 3 Peel Hey, Frankby Road, Frankby, Wirral. CH48 1PP, ☏ .
- 4 [dead link] Premier Inn Wirral Greasby, 1 Greasby Road, Wirral, CH49 2PP (Next to the Twelfth Man Pub), ☏ . £53+.
- The Woodcote.
- 1 Greasby Library, Greasby Road. CH49 3AT, ☏ . Free wifi.
- 2 Upton Library, Ford Road, Upton. CH49 0TB, ☏ . Free wifi.
- 3 Moreton Library, Pasture Road, Moreton. CH46 8SA, ☏ . Free wifi.
- 4 Irby Library, Thurstaston Road, Irby. CH61 0HE, ☏ . Free wifi.
- Heswall, Neston and Parkgate each provide a quiet, attractive view along the River Dee. Fifteen to twenty minutes by car.
- New Brighton has an expansive beach with the 19th century Fort Perch Rock and lighthouse, and views across to Liverpool. There are also some seaside amusements and the Marine Point leisure development, alongside the marine lake. Fifteen minutes by car.
- West Kirby and Hoylake each have excellent stretches of beach, with views across to North Wales. There is also a 52 acre marine lake at West Kirby, which has sailing and windsurfing. Fifteen minutes by car.
|Routes through Greasby|
|Liverpool ← Wallasey ←||N S||→ Bebington → Chester|