To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
Thanks very much for your contributions to the Uppsala article!
All the best,
"Correcting" to American English
About these edits: Some of them truly correct misspellings and the like, but it's pretty questionable to put in the effort to change kilometres to kilometers and centre to center in an article about Sweden. Is American English used much more in Sweden than British English, or is it just that your spellchecker is set to American English?
All the best,
- Hi! In Sweden both American English and British English is in use. It didn't hit me that my spellchecker was set to a certain language variant, so I just applied all corrections it suggested. Thanks for pointing it out!
- Best, MartinJacobson (talk) 07:20, 7 April 2017 (UTC)
- So no harm done, except for one place in which you made two words out of one because your (and my) spellchecker didn't find a word. Spellcheckers have a much more limited English vocabulary than I do.
All the best,
- Hi! I had not seen that! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Here you go...
- The same articles BUT sorted according to interest on the Swedish Wikipedia (this would probably be much more accurate since Swedish people know their own country best) - please note that the links on this one are to direct parallel articles on the Swedish Wikipedia... but.... you could still quite easily locate their parallel articles on English Wikivoyage with a few clicks (I did so mainly because it would have taken me much more time to have the same list with the English Wikivoyage links and English names).
- For Wikipedia, one should remember that much of the interest may be for other than touristic reasons, so places like Kebnekaise and Nikkaluokta, Laponia and Abisko can be expected to have low hit counts on Wikipedia in Swedish. Swedes probably use other resources when planning a trip to such places (especially as the articles on such places usually are quite short on Wikipedia in Swedish). For cities, travel interest and general interest may correspond more closely. --LPfi (talk) 11:06, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
Hiking in Sweden
Thank you for your work on Laponia! I wonder if you have had a look at Hiking in the Nordic countries. I have the impression that none of the authors has much experience of hiking in Sweden, and I would like to make sure the descriptions reflect also the Swedish reality and practices. I suppose there are at least nuances that should be tuned, possibly major things to add. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. --LPfi (talk) 15:56, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- I am glad that you like the edits! To be honest I have very little experience of hiking in Sweden, or hiking just about anywhere for that matter. I do however have a good friend who is into hiking and other backcountry activities, and I will send the article to him and ask his opinion. MartinJacobson (talk) 23:55, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- @LPfi: I am sorry for the long delay on my answer! I have finally talked to my friend. He said that the article accurately reflects his experiences of hiking in Sweden. He didn't really have anything to ad, except for a compliment on a great article! MartinJacobson (talk) 17:28, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
A Barncompass for you
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Thanks for your great contribution in Wikivoyage edit-a-thon 2018!|
Hope you had a good break Martin! Just to let you know (as you were one of the most prolific contributors in this area), another round of the dead external link check has been done and the number of articles with dead links has gone back to over 6000. All the best Gizza (roam) 22:00, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you Gizza, I'm glad to be back! Wow, that is a lot of dead links! What can I say? One must imagine Sisyphus happy... MartinJacobson (talk) 22:15, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
Recently ThunderingTyphoons said that he believes the Bouzigues article is ready to be nominated for star status. Would you like to add your support? Thanks! --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 23:04, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
- Done, definitely deserving of star status! Hopefully the starnom will get some more attention during its main page feature! MartinJacobson (talk) 14:01, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
I accidentally added a word because I was editing on my Android and it must have suggested the word and entered it without my being conscious of it. And then when I wanted to edit "course" out, it was too hard from an Android because there's no obvious way to search for a word... Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:07, 11 May 2019 (UTC)