The Southwest Columbus segment of the Ohio to Erie Trail
The Camp Chase Trail is 16 mi (26 km) total, with 3 mi (4.8 km) in Madison County and 13 mi (21 km) in Franklin County, Ohio. The Camp Chase Trail is a segment of the Ohio to Erie to Trail and the US Bicycle Route 50.
The Camp Chase Trail has three main trail segments and all are complete and open. The trail distance including the short road connectors between segments is 16.2 miles (26.1 km) total, with 3 miles (4.8 km) in Madison County and 14.2 miles (22.9 km) in Franklin County. The Camp Chase Trail stretches from Lilly Chapel (Roberts Pass Trail) to the Columbus Hilltop Neighborhood where it connects to the Scioto Trail. The midpoint of the trail is in Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park where it traverses the Darby Creek.
The Camp Chase Trail is complete from the conjunction with the Roberts Pass trail at the Wilson Road Trailhead in Madison County to Sullivant Ave in West Columbus. The Camp Chase Trail on the Hilltop continues from Georgesville Road to N. Eureka Ave. The Ohio to Erie Trail continues North on Eureka Ave, East on Valleyview Dr which becomes Highland Ave, crosses RRx and becomes Harper Rd. The route crosses McKinley Ave and utilizes the Hilltop Connector bridge to connect to the Scioto Greenway Trail.
For the most part Camp Chase trail is pavement, with the exception of the connector through Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park, which is crushed, packed limestone.
Communities adjacent to the trail
- 1 London, Ohio
- Lilly Chapel, Ohio
- Georgesville, Ohio
- Galloway, Ohio
- Cherry Creek, Columbus, Ohio
- Georgian Heights, Columbus, Ohio
- Holly Hill, Columbus, Ohio
- Hilltop, Columbus, Ohio
- Westgate, Columbus, Ohio
- Highland West, Columbus, Ohio
- Valleyview, Ohio (enclave of Columbus)
- Grandview Heights, Columbus, Ohio
- Southern Trailhead: Roberts Pass Trail Wilson Rd London, OH 43140 [Restrooms, Bike Rack, Car Parking, No Water]
- Trailside Shelter: [Covered 2-Sided Shelter, Picnic Table, Bike Rack]
- Battelle Darby Creek Trailhead: 8465 Alkire Rd, Galloway, OH 43140 [Restrooms, Picnic Area, Canoe Access, Car Parking, No Drinking Water]
- Columbus Wilson Road Park, 275 S. Wilson Road, Columbus, OH 43204 [Drinking Fountain, Portable Restroom Spring-Fall, Lighted Picnic Area, Bike Repair Station and tire pump, Parking Lot]
- Northern Trailhead: N. Eureka Ave North of Columbus Holton Park Columbus, OH 43204
- Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park. 8465 Alkire Road, Galloway OH 43119;
- 1 Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery, 2900 Sullivant Avenue, Columbus, ☏ .
- Historic National Road
- Columbus Rec and Parks: Big Run Park and Athletic Complex, Westgate Park, WestmoorPark, Holton Park, Glenview Park
- Columbus Rec and Parks: Wilson Road Park and Camp Chase Trail head
- Hollywood Casino Columbus