Talk:Caldas da Rainha
Long list of roads with no description
I deleted a list of roads with no description and got reverted without comment. In order to attempt to avoid an edit war, I'm starting this thread. Can anyone explain why this is useful to travelers?
"Other roads include the N114 (EN 114), N114-1 (EN 114-1), N115 (EN 115), N360 (EN 360), and N361 (EN 361)."
"Long undifferentiated lists of hotels, attractions, cities, anything, are only marginally useful to the traveler"
So my point of view would be that either each of these roads should be given a description or the list should be re-deleted.
- Perhaps instead of deleting "marginally useful" information, you can consider taking that information and building upon it as I have now done. As unpaid volunteers on this project, we don't always have time to make everything instantaneously perfect. Marginally useful is better than nothing at all. —Nelson Ricardo (talk) 22:13, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
- Now it's useful. I'm an unpaid volunteer, too; did you think admins were paid? In your case, it looks like it would have been best to give you more time, but I had no way to know that, and you could have included an edit summary explaining that you were reverting my edit as part of a plan to add more information about these roads. Please consider using edit summaries whenever they could be helpful. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:17, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Long lists of settlements
- Travellers don't always stick to the road most travelled. Some people like to explore little corners that others haven't discovered. This information provides a springboard for such exploration. Much like the initially bare list of roads mentioned in the section above, the lists of settlements can serve as inspiration for expanding the article and making it more useful and informative for our travellers. —Nelson Ricardo (talk) 02:13, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
A Commons file used on this page or its Wikidata item is missing permission
The following Wikimedia Commons file used on this page or its Wikidata item is missing permission information and may be deleted:
- You can add the conversion to miles if you want. --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 17:09, 1 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for the food for thought. I'll consider using Template:Convert. --Nelson Ricardo (talk) 19:19, 1 June 2020 (UTC)