To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing! ϒpsilon (talk) 05:35, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
Long, undifferentiated list
Hi. I deleted part of your edit with an explanation, and you reverted my edit without comment. Are you aware that you can type a comment in the box under your edit screen that says "Summary"? Please do so in the future when there's any reason to think it might be helpful, and please comment at Talk:Caldas da Rainha, as we want to avoid an edit war.
- Please consider next time instead of deleting useful information, building upon it. —Nelson Ricardo (talk) 22:09, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your great work on Caldas da Rainha! I just changed its status to Guide. When you're done with it, I think it'll make a fine nominee for Off the Beaten Path, though I think it will have to wait a couple of years before being featured on the front page, since there are a lot of other successful nominees for OtBP in front of it. Ikan Kekek (talk) 02:34, 7 September 2015 (UTC)
- Much appreciated. Thank you! —Nelson Ricardo (talk) 02:54, 7 September 2015 (UTC)
- No, thank you! It's because of the contributions of people like you that this guide covers more places better. Ikan Kekek (talk) 03:05, 7 September 2015 (UTC)
List of Settlements on Caldas da Rainha
Please have a look at talk:Caldas da Rainha. While I freely admit to knowing nothing about the place in question, I don't exactly know which benefit for the traveler a list like this brings. If there indeed is one, I hope you can explain it to me. Thanks a lot and best wishes Hobbitschuster (talk) 00:17, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
Closing Trader Joe's?
Hi, I'm not sure if you closed "Trader Joes" because it actually has closed, or rather you didn't think it worth listing?
- The edit comment noted that the user felt it wasn't worth listing since Trader Joe's is a chain. The listing editor automatically adds the "Closed listing for ..." part of the edit comment when it is used to remove the listing. -- Ryan • (talk) • 01:07, 22 February 2016 (UTC)