To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub tagging → Article status
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
Thanks for starting the Barraba article. Please note that a travel guide doesn't use footnotes, and that the pagebanner you added has the wrong proportions (should be 7:1, and at least 1800 px, or preferably 2100px or more wide).
I just want to say, I love what you're doing! We've for years suffered from the bad edits of a vandal who uses Telstra. This guy creates nearly blank articles about tiny villages that are useless, sometimes with swathes of plagiarized text from Wikipedia or even regular "copyright, all rights reserved" sites. You, instead, create articles about tiny villages and then fill them with real content that's useful for people who want to spend time in rural Australia. Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:03, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- Yes some great contributions here. --Traveler100 (talk) 07:11, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, it's me. I speak several languages and try to keep the accounts separate. Looks like I failed in this case! KevRobbAU (talk) 10:15, 13 November 2019 (UTC)
Section and sub-section headings
Rather than get into an edit undoing loop, information on section names and usage can be found at Wikivoyage:Article skeleton templates/Sections. Do not want to stop your great contributions, just was making minor edits to Tingha to keep to current naming conventions. And not being rude here but take a look at Wikivoyage:Where you can stick it, I did not pick that title :-) . --Traveler100 (talk) 11:27, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- Indeed. Please look at my last two edit summaries in the history of the Tingha article. We have no "Contact" section: The section is "Connect", and it covers mobile phone connectivity and the like. But no need for me to repeat myself here; look at the edit summaries at the link. Ikan Kekek (talk) 12:31, 4 November 2019 (UTC)