Wikivoyage:Requests for maps
The following are destinations that need maps. The Mapmaking Expedition is a project to coordinate map development for Wikivoyage; please refer to that Expedition's standards if you're going to work on one of these maps. See How to draw static maps and How to use dynamic maps for instructions for making your own. The Dynamic maps Expedition is aiming to make user-interactive maps which are less customizable but quicker to implement.
If you know of an article that needs a map, add it to the list below. Try to note the type of map, for example, city map, region map, etc. If you start making one of these maps, please remove it from this list.
Also be sure to check out the Regions map Expedition to see whether someone if working on a map in that Expedition.
- 1 See also
- 2 Africa
- 3 Asia
- 4 Europe
- 5 North America
- 6 Oceania
- 7 South America
- 8 Oceans and Islands
- Angola -- Map already exists, but two regions need to be changed per discussion at Talk:Angola#Regions
On the trail of Marco Polo could really use a map. Many of the places he visited are moderately obscure and/or have been renamed, so the average reader probably hasn't a clue where they are. (WT-en) Pashley 06:14, 19 June 2006 (EDT)
- city map for Okayama (another map for the Kibiji area would be helpful, too...) - (WT-en) ChubbyWimbus 09:43, 20 April 2009 (EDT)
- Western Mongolia region map with national parks, cities, and border crossings.
- Khasab Capital city of Musandam and same problem, no good data base
- As can be read on Talk:France#Maps, new maps need to be created for (most urgently) Occitanie, Nouvelle-Aquitaine and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, as well as many sub-regions of France.
- Athens - Districts Map
- Dublin One of the few capital without a map
- Lisbon - Needs a district map.
- Manchester - Has a map that is not colorblind-friendly.
- Edinburgh - Has a map that is not colorblind-friendly.
- Various maps relating to Scotland need fixing both on the country page and on various region pages. The text of place names is so small that even when the maps are blown up to huge sizes they remain illegible and unusable.--ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 15:58, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Old Town of Quebec
- Edmonton Capital Region
- Edmonton/South Central
Charlotte -- This article is nearly complete but lacks a map.
- Antioch --This article is close to done needs a map
- Pittsburg--This article is done and needs a map
- Weaverville--Article almost done, but it needs a map please help
San Angelo--This is article is almost complete and needs a map
- Lake Patzcuaro --- Map of the towns placement around the Lake.
- Canberra -- (WT-en) JRG 05:41, 14 February 2011 (EST)
- Gold Coast -- (WT-en) Nathannoblet 00:27, 21 October 2006 (EDT)
- Melbourne - Needs a district map.
- Buenos Aires --- microcenter and San Telmo citymap
- Brasilia - needs a more detailed map of the central area where travellers are likely to get around;
- Rio de Janeiro --- overview map and maps for the four districts which include the major bairros
- Torres del Paine --- Trekkingmap