The train fares on this page are out of date. If anyone knows more up-to-date ones that would be great. (WT-en) Professorbiscuit 19:47, 26 Oct 2004 (EDT)
Turkmenbashi is as well a place as a title of the president.It had a russian name before the name change.188.8.131.52 19:23, 11 Apr 2005 (EDT)
i am not familiar with food here
Map needs Afghanistan
- shit happens - make over the map...
quote: In modern contexts, all definitions of Central Asia include these five republics of the former Soviet Union: Kazakhstan (pop. 16.6 million), Kyrgyzstan (5.5 million), Tajikistan (7.6 million), Turkmenistan (5.1 million), and Uzbekistan (29.5 million). and another more reliable source.
Mongolia is Central Asia as well. Arguably so is East Turkestan and possibly even TIBET, but they are not independent states so we can safely leave them as part of China and thus "East Asia".
But no way is Mongolia getting left in East Asia. That is some ludicrous shit. I am changing this page to include it.
- Let's keep this discussion in one place → Talk:East Asia. (WT-en) Jpatokal 12:31, 17 March 2008 (EDT)
Turkmenistan especially Ashgabat needs to be expanded urgently it is very substandard.
- Get to work! (WT-en) Jpatokal 02:14, 30 October 2009 (EDT)
Merv is currently listed under "Other destinations" as:
I'd like to move it to the Cities section. To do that, we'd need to remove one of the current list of cities; I suggest Astana. We currently have:
- Almaty — Kazakhstan's former capital is an infinitely more preferable destination than ad hoc Astana.
- Astana — Kazakhstan's dreary, cold northern capital.