Formatting and language conventions
For articles about Uganda, please use the 24-hour clock to show times, e.g. 09:00-12:00 and 18:00-00:00.
Please show prices in this format: USh100 rials, and not UGX100 or 100/-.
Please use British spelling.
|This article was the Collaboration of the week between 30 May 2006 and 5 Jun 2006.|
Actually, Ugandans consider their country East African, not Central African.
(From anonymous user. I compromised with "east central" Africa. -- (WT-en) Nils 09:18, 13 Apr 2004 (EDT))
Is it really true that Swahili is useful in Uganda? Every guidebook says so, but several Ugandans denied it to me
Guys is there a way to cross Uganda from Sudan ? Yes after the peace agreement in sudan in year 2005 , u can cross by land from Sudan to Uganda
I think it would be easiest just to use these regions 
From what I gather  , Rwenzori Mountains National Park does not cover enough area to call it a region, and the political regions are just right in terms of number. (WT-en) ChubbyWimbus 21:39, 25 January 2010 (EST)
- Looks like a good scheme to me. (WT-en) AHeneen 01:34, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Yes, and for once, a govt seems to have made life easy for us :). --(WT-en) Burmesedays 01:46, 26 January 2010 (EST)
- Map done as per this discussion and put new region scheme in place.--(WT-en) Burmesedays 01:17, 15 March 2010 (EDT)
There were way too many listed. I cut the list to 9 as per policy, and removed the following:
- Aswa-Lolim former Game Reserve Is in northern Uganda on the east bank of the Albert Nile. Today it is a series of huge ranches, but there is still considerable wildlife which is controlled by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Lake Mburo National Park located in southern Uganda. Use Mihingo Lodge just outside the park and take horse-back safaris from here.
- Lake Bunyonyi is a charming lake dotted with little islands you could relax on. The area is considered to look a bit like Switzerland.
- Ngamba Island is small fascinating island of Lake Victoria where Ngamba Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located. The Sanctuary was established in the October 1998 as a project to take care of young orphaned Chimpanzees. When they grow up, they are taken to the forest to live in a natural environments. Chimpanzee tracking safaris to Ngamba Chimpanzee sanctuary take place all year round.
The 112 number for police is useless. Callers are put on hold and half the time are disconnected before speaking with someone. The other half of the time, the person answering is completely unhelpful, at least outside the capital.
Given this reality, it seems to me a bit dangerous to hand out the emergency numbers without some kind of cautionary note. However, I can't see an obvious way to edit this since the infobox is supplied by wikidata (and the cautionary note shouldn't go there).
Currency, time and spelling conventions
Below is a proposed infobox to let readers know which formatting conventions to use in Wikivoyage articles. Do you agree with these proposals? If you have direct knowledge of what is most commonly used in the country, please let us know. Ground Zero (talk) 16:48, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
I have previously created an alternative banner for this article (which was initially created for the parallel article at the Hebrew Wikivoyage, but I decided to suggest we'll use it here at the English Wikivoyage article as well). Which banner do you prefer that we'll use on the top of this article? ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 13:31, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- I prefer the new banner. The sunset is lovely, but could be anywhere. Ground Zero (talk) 13:37, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- Also prefer the new banner -- nice one! Very eye-catching. Vaticidalprophet (talk) 13:37, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- New banner. Hakuna matata! --Nelson Ricardo (talk) 04:20, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- New banner. -- Ikan Kekek (talk) 05:07, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
- New banner Gizza (roam) 02:26, 15 March 2021 (UTC)