Formatting and language conventions
For articles about Venezuela, please use the 24-hour clock to show times, e.g. 09:00-12:00 and 18:00-00:00.
Please show prices in this format: US$100, and not Bs100, $100, VES100 or USD100. Although the Bolívar Soberano is the legal currency in the country, it is not stable and will fluctuate rapidly.
Please use American spelling.
Administrative divisions and ports
- Administrative divisions
- 23 states, 1 capital district* (distrito capital), and 1 federal dependency** (dependencia federal); Amazonas, Anzoátegui, Apure, Aragua, Barinas, Bolívar, Carabobo, Cojedes, Delta Amacuro, Dependencias Federales**, Distrito Capital*, Falcón, Guárico, Lara, Mérida, Miranda, Monagas, Nueva Esparta, Portuguesa, Sucre, Táchira, Trujillo, Vargas, Yaracuy, Zulia
note: the federal dependency consists of 11 federally controlled island groups with a total of 72 individual islands
- Ports and harbors
- Amuay, Bajo Grande, El Tablazo, La Guaira, La Salina, Maracaibo, Matanzas, Palua, Puerto Cabello, Puerto la Cruz, Puerto Ordaz, Puerto Sucre, Punta Cardón.
Respect & Politics
I spent the whole month of February in Venezuela both and I found no problem what so ever when speaking about politics with people on the street and in other public environment - on the contrary I where often myself asked where I stood and could frequently easdrop (well that was unrepectful) on discussions about politics and news. ´´´´
Changes to "Eat"
The people in Venezuela eats a lot of great foods. They have a lunch which means the whole family has to be there for this dinner. —The preceding comment was added by (WT-en) 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
Prices in bolivares
Given the hyperinflation, any prices listed in bolivares that do not identify their dates, or were posted more than six months ago are completely meaningless. We should just remove them. Any comments? Ground Zero (talk) 20:19, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- I'm going to ask the question again, especially now that the articles states blunted that the prices are outdated. Why include them? Ground Zero (talk) 00:48, 24 January 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata items for dynamic map
To the right is the map with all Wikidata items for the states of Venezuela. This should simplify the work in case we want to change the district set-up in the future. The tool Wikidata Extractor has been used to create the mapshapes. --Renek78 (talk) 09:40, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, 126.96.36.199, and welcome! I moved your post to the end of the page, which is where new posts on talk pages go, and "signed" for you - please type 4 tildes at the end of each post you make to a talk page.
- The standard here is Wikivoyage:Be fair - not a neutral point of view like in Wikipedia, but we like to avoid political disputes on Wikivoyage whenever possible, though it's sometimes necessary to report on them to some extent when they occur in possible travel destinations. I don't take a position on how biased or unbiased that section was or is, but if it's unfair, indeed, please change it in any way that makes it fairer. If any of your changes are controversial, they can be discussed here. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:25, 4 July 2019 (UTC)
- Swept in from the pub
- I have checked, and it is still not working. Should a Phabricator entry be created? --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 20:05, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
Currency, time and spelling conventions
Below is a proposed infobox to let readers know which formatting conventions to use in Wikivoyage articles. Do you agree with these proposals? If you have direct knowledge of what is most commonly used in the country, please let us know. Ground Zero (talk) 16:44, 9 December 2019 (UTC)